Town Wings Takeout Terms of Service
Last Updated: April 3, 2020
Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) of this web site, currently located at townwings.ca (the “Website”), which is brought to you by Town Wings (“Town Wings” or “us” or “we” or “our”). By registering as a user of this Website (“User” or “you” or “your”) or by placing an Order through this Website, you agree to be bound to these Terms.
There are two types of users of the Website: Restaurants and other businesses (each, a “Restaurant”), and individuals who order from Restaurants (“Customer”). These Terms will use the words “User” or “Customer” or “you” or “your” to mean a Customer. This Website provides Customers with news and information about Restaurants, and permits each Customer to place an order (each, an “Order”) for food or other things (the “Goods”) with any Restaurant, which fills the Order to the Customer (the “Service”).
- Registering with Us.
- Each Customer must provide the following information to register with us or to place an Order:
- Name (no pseudonyms or made-up names).
- Email address.
- Each Customer must provide Canadian credit or debit card information when they choose to pay by credit card for the order online
- Each Customer shall be given an alias (“User ID”) and password (“Password”) to access your account (“Account”). Unless and until you tell us otherwise, we will assume that any person using your Account is authorized to do so on your behalf.
- Each Customer must be 18 years of age or older.
- We may, in our sole discretion, verify the information you provide to us. We may, in our sole discretion, restrict use of the Website until we verify your information.
- All Orders are placed on the Website.
- After your Order has been transmitted to a Restaurant, the Restaurant may contact you regarding your Order at the email address or phone number you provided. If you do not confirm an Order or respond to the Restaurant, the Restaurant may cancel the Order, and the price will be refunded to your credit or debit card used to place the Order.
- User Conduct.
- You agree to use the Website in a manner that is consistent with these Terms and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service or Website, except as expressly permitted by these Terms.
- You agree to comply with all local, state, provincial, country and/or regional laws that may be applicable to your use of the Website and your use of the Internet.
- By becoming a registered User, you consent to the inclusion of your data in our database. Your data includes records of all Orders requested through the Website.
- We may refuse Service, or restrict, suspend or terminate your Account at any time, for any reason or no reason, in our sole discretion. We may also use technical means to block Users or others from visiting or using the Website.
- You acknowledge that the Website (including but not limited to text, sound, photographs, graphics, pictures or other material contained in any communication, advertisements, or messages, whether by us or our advertisers or partners, including the Restaurants and software) are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, and/or other proprietary rights and laws. You are only permitted to use the Website and the Goods and Service as expressly authorized by us, our advertisers and partners, as the case may be.
- You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Website or Service, either in whole or in part.
- Town Wings reserves the right to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected criminal or civil wrongdoing or other unlawful activity on the Website or otherwise. Furthermore, Town Wings may disclose your contact and other information, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, an injured third party, or as a result of a subpoena or any other legal action, and Town Wings shall not be liable for damages or results thereof and you agree not to bring any action or claim against Town Wings for such disclosure.
- Representations and Warranties.
- You hereby represent, warrant and covenant to us, that you shall:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information.
- Maintain and promptly amend all information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- You hereby represent, warrant and covenant to us that information submitted by you for display on the Website (including any material submitted as feedback or a review of a Restaurant) shall not:
- contain fraudulent information or make fraudulent offers of items.
- violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
- infringe or misappropriate any copyrights, trademarks, service marks or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
- contain any material that constitutes unauthorized advertising or harassment (including but not limited to spamming), invades anyone’s privacy or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law or regulation.
- contain any computer viruses or other destructive devices and codes that have the effect of damaging, interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any software or hardware system, data or personal information.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.
- THE WEBSITE, THE GOODS AND THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL ORDERS, ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. Wild Wing Restaurants, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, LICENSORS, AND THE RESTAURANTS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Town Wings, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, LICENSORS, AND THE RESTAURANTS MAKE NO WARRANTY (I) THAT THE SERVICES, THE ORDERS, THE GOODS OR THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (II) THAT THE SERVICES, THE ORDERS, THE GOODS OR THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (III) THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH SERVICES, ORDERS OR THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (IV) THAT THE QUALITY OF ANY ORDERS, OR ANY GOODS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER ITEMS PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR THROUGH ANY ADVERTISERS OR PARTNERS, INCLUDING ANY FOOD, WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; (V) THAT THE PRICES DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND DISCOUNTS PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE HONORED BY ANY RESTAURANTS, OR (VI) REGARDING ANY RESTAURANTS OR CUSTOMERS.
- ANY MATERIAL, INFORMATION OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE, THE GOODS OR THE WEBSITE IS ACCESSED BY YOU AT YOUR SOLE OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU ALONE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER OUTCOME THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ORDERS, DATA, ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED OR RECEIVED BY YOU FROM Town Wings, THE WEBSITE OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
- Limitation of Liability.
- TOWN WINGS, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS, AND THE RESTAURANTS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY SUCH DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SERVICES, THE ORDERS, THE GOODS OR THE WEBSITE.
- TOWN WINGS ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS, AND THE RESTAURANTS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES THAT RESULT FROM USING THE SERVICES, ORDERS OR GOODS PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE, OR RELIANCE ON OR USE OF INFORMATION, SERVICES, ORDERS, GOODS OR SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT TOWN WINGS, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS, AND THE RESTAURANTS NEITHER ENDORSE THE CONTENT OF ADVERTISEMENTS OR THIRD PARTIES’ WEB CONTENT, NOR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OF MATERIAL CONTAINED THEREIN, OR ANY INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS ARISING THEREFROM, OR ANY FRAUD OR OTHER LIABILITY FACILITATED THEREBY.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER TOWN WINGS NOR ANY OF ITS USERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES, NOR ANY RESTAURANTS, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO PLACE THE ORDERS OR USE THE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICE OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF USER’S TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL TOWN WINGS, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS, OR THE RESTAURANTS BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY OR FAILURE OR DISRUPTION OF THE ORDERS OR SERVICES DELIVERED THROUGH THE WEBSITE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACTS OF NATURE, FORCES OR CAUSES BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, INTERNET FAILURES, COMPUTER, TELECOMMUNICATIONS OR ANY OTHER EQUIPMENT FAILURES, ELECTRICAL POWER FAILURES, STRIKES, LABOR DISPUTES, RIOTS, INSURRECTIONS, CIVIL DISTURBANCES, SHORTAGES OF LABOR OR MATERIALS, FIRES, FLOOD, STORMS, EXPLOSIONS, ACTS OF GOD, WAR, GOVERNMENTAL ACTIONS, ORDERS OF DOMESTIC OR FOREIGN COURTS OR TRIBUNALS OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF THIRD PARTIES.
- TOWN WINGS, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS, AND THE RESTAURANTS SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND ITS CONTROL, WHICH HINDER YOUR ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES.
- Intellectual Property.
By registering with or providing Content to the Website, you grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, irrevocable and perpetual right to use and reproduce the information, data and content that you provide to us from time to time, such as dining feedback or reviews of Restaurants, other text, photographs, or graphics (collectively, “Content”) for use on the Website. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refrain from displaying any Content on the Website. We may delete or dispose of any Content at any time for any reason or for no reason.
- Copyright Infringement Claims.
We are committed to complying with copyright and related laws, and we expect you and all other Users of the Website to comply with such laws as well. Using our Website to transmit (whether by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) any information or items without the express permission of the owner of such information or items or to engage in any activity that infringes any copyright or any other right of a third party violates these legal provisions. You represent and warrant to us (a) that you own, or are otherwise lawfully authorized to use, any files, data, text, or other information that you may transmit to or through our Website, and (b) that any use of the files, data, text, or other information supplied by you does not violate these legal notices and will not cause injury to any person or entity.
If you believe that your work has been copied on our Website, or any of our other systems or networks in a way that constitutes infringement under the Copyright Act, please provide the following information to us for receipt of notification of claimed infringement (to ensure that your notification complies with the requirement of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, please see 17 U.S.C. ÃŸ 512(c)(3)):
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
You may forward your copyright claim to:
By Mail: Town Wings
161 Gary Drive, North York, Ontario, M9N 3A2
By Phone: 4162407777
By E-mail: email@example.com
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Town Wings, its affiliates, partners, officers and employees, and the Restaurants, from any and all allegations, losses, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise from any use of the Website by you or any other person using your Account, including but not limited to any display of your information on the Website, the placing of any Orders, or from any breach of these Terms. You hereby further agree to defend, indemnify and hold Town Wings, its affiliates, officers and employees, and the Restaurants, harmless, from any and all losses, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise from any breach of any representations and warranties made by you to Town Wings.
- Town Wings and you are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by these Terms.
- Town Wings shall have the right to assign its obligations and duties under these Terms and/or in any agreement relating to the Services, Orders or Goods to any person or entity at any time.
- Town Wings reserves the right to modify or replace these Terms, and such changes are effective upon posting on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after any changes to these Terms constitutes an affirmative acknowledgement that you agree to the current version of the Terms.
- Town Wings reserves the right to modify some or all its functional features or discontinue the Service, the Website and other services with or without any notice to you. Town Wings shall not be liable to You or any third party should it exercise its right to modify or discontinue the Website or the Service.
- Canadian Restaurants
All prices listed for Canadian restaurants are in CAD and the user will be charged in CAD.
- Delivery Policy
All orders will be delivered per the time confirmed on the order. If for any reason the restaurant not able to deliver the food, we will call and notify you within 60 min from when the order placed.
Our Commitment to Privacy
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
On the Website, you may register as a User, download information, contribute content, or place an Order for food or other Goods. The types of information we collect when you access the Website may include the following:
- your name and the name of your company
- contact and billing addresses
- your electronic mail (“email”) address
- your phone and fax numbers
- credit card or debit card information
- your primary dining city
- any information that you may provide in a form on the Website
- Restaurants from which you have ordered, your ordering history, and any dining information or preferences provided by you or the Restaurant
- the Internet Protocol address from which you accessed the Website
- the items you clicked on the applicable web page
Cookies and Related Data
Some of the information we collect via the Website is gathered and maintained through the use of “cookies” and other methods. A “cookie” is a small file that is saved on your computer and which may contain information about you, such as your user name and password, or about your use of the Website, such as the page you most recently visited. As a result, we are able to (i) recognize you when you access the Website so that you do not have to re-enter your personal or other information each time you visit the Website, (ii) customize and personalize the content we make available to you, (iii) maintain the “state” of your current visit (e.g., to maintain your Order history or the items in your Order), and (iv) alert you to features of the Website. You may disable “cookies,” but the Website may not function properly as a result. In addition we may collect certain non-personal data in connection with the Website. For example, we may collect information on the browser that you use to access the Website, the operating system that you are running, and certain information about the Website you accessed immediately before you accessed the Website.
Posting to Public Areas of Website
Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas of the Website, such as in dining feedback, such information may be collected and used by others over whom we have no control. We are not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Website.
Our Use of Your Information
We may provide your name, phone number, email address, and contact and billing addresses to Restaurants from which you place an Order, as well as other third parties who may help fill the Order. We may share your Restaurant order history and other dining information and preferences with that Restaurant and other restaurants under the same ownership.
We may also use and share your information with Restaurants and others:
Links To Other Sites
Information from Children
We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from any individuals under the age of 13, nor do we provide any of our Goods or Services to individuals under the age of 13. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected any such information, or provided any such Goods or Services, please contact us immediately so that we may delete the information.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We have put in place certain physical, electronic and managerial procedures to try to safeguard and secure the information we collect, although no system is completely secure. We urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data, which should include never sharing your User ID and Password with anyone.
How to Access or Correct Your Information
You can access your personally identifiable information that we have collected through the Website and that we still maintain by contacting us as described below in “How to Contact Us.” You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by updating your Profile page on the Website or by sending us a request that credibly shows that our records are incorrect, although we may refuse such requests in our discretion. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personally identifiable information or permitting you to make corrections, and we may refuse access to any user.
How to Contact Us